Monday, May 16, 2016

'Moonlight Delight"

Moonlight Delight – Hunting the “Beauty and the Beast” in one at Blaauwkrantz.
(By Mr Bengt Kvitzau, Denmark as it appeared in Show Times of the 2016 SCI Convention in Las Vegas)
In 1996 I was introduced to Blaauwkrantz Safaries through relatives in Denmark. After seeping through a number of brochures and articles, I decided to contact Arthur Rudman concerning a plains game hunt to be conducted in April- May 1998. Since I am currently on my fourth visit to Blaauwkrantz, it is needless to say the initial introduction was positive. Over the years I have hunted with Arthur, Francois and Eardley Rudman and always found service and company outstanding.
In February 2014 my daughter and I were scheduled to hunt with Eardley for a number of species I had not hunted on prior visits. Although I have shot Bushpig in Zimbabwe, a large Bushpig boar ended on the wish list. After 3 long nights and despite meticulous planning, we had to pack it in   - an abundance of Prickly pear fruits had been ripening and the pigs were scattered and non-cooperative. Bushpig is certainly no ordinary plains game species. Willing to sit it out for a week, I booked again in January 2016 and it turned out both weather and hunters were warmed up. And last night we succeeded in taking the beautiful “Beast” with only the moon to guide us. Diana can be a tricky lady, but perseverance – and good guiding pays off!!



No comments:

Post a Comment